Saturday 28 February 2009

The Underrated Blog-a-thon at Chicago Ex-Pat




Jamie over at Chicago Ex-Patriate is jumping into the Blog-a-thon fray near the end of the month. It's his first one, so mark down March 23-27 as dates to contribute to the Underrated Blog-a-thon. Film, music, art, literature...Any art form qualifies since they all have their hidden gems or misunderstood masterpieces or well-known but not well-loved pieces.

Perfect. I can drum up some love for my favourite band on the planet - Hoven Droven. And even Scandinavian music in general. I'd babble on more about my adoration of these Swedish lads and their electrified folk tunes, but then I'd be jumping the gun wouldn't I?




By the way, remember that the band is Swedish...So the final word that comes up on screen at the end of the video doesn't mean what you think it means - it's a Swedish word for "End".

2 comments:

James Yates said...

Wait, Bob...I made a mistake. You can write about anything BESIDES Hoven Droven.

Ha! Just kidding. Thanks a ton for posting this, and I look forward to your contributions.

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Wow these guys sound awesome!!! I love it. I remember you mentioning them one night and I was like "Dude, I'll never remember that name". I guess I did!

Thanks for sharing & for the heads up on the blogathon!